6.4.11

RIO

"Rio" is short for Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Well, of course, which is the background city of this new animated film about a blur macaw bird. *I kept thinking the bird's name is Rio instead...*


Thanks to yes world, I got to watch this fun animation in advance!


First of all, from the creator of Ice Age, it's already a guarantee for lots of laughter~ :)


The comedy-adventure centres on Blu (Jesse Eisenberg), a rare macaw who thinks he is the last of his kind. When Blu discovers there's another - and that the other kind is a she - Blu then leaves the comforts of his cage in a small town in Minnesota and heads towards Rio. But it's far from love at first sight between the domesticated and flight challenged Blu and the fiercely independent, high-flying female, Jewel (Anne Hathaway).


*Anne Hathaway~~~* 




Not only this animation captured the image & beauty of Rio, the spirit of Brazilian's carnival. They featured quite a lot of scenic views of Rio, including the Christ statue on Corcovado Mountain! *I didn't know it exist until this animation*



Christ on Corcovado Mountain, Rio - Photo from Wikipedia


Well, as what you see in the picture above, it's almost the same of what you'd see of Rio in the animation. I must say they really did a fantabulous job on that!


As for the story, I basically laughed all the way... Personally, I think it's a lot better than "RANGO" (though that has my fav Johnny Depp) & "HOP" (despite all the cuteness)!
So if you're an animation person, or you simply wanna bring your kids for a show, I strongly recommend this! :) 

Rate: 4/5




*Pssst: the contest was to give your most creative caption to this picture:


which I don't quite remember seeing this scene in the movie... Hmm... Or have I slipped & missed?


oh.. btw, my caption for it was:

RIO: I'm gonna die I'm gonna die~ Why can't I use my wings?!
Jewel: You doing good, what a shade~ XD
 

No comments: