21.2.13

Tickling My Tastebuds

It was Christmas and well, I will be celebrating alone in the place where Christmas is NOT a public holiday, the upper east coast of Malaysia... *You know where*

Anyhow, in order to give myself a tinge of Christmas spirit and warmth in the midst of my preparation for exam, I've decided to look around for a satisfying dinner on Christmas Day.

I searched on Foursquare, Facebook, and even drive around Kota Bharu... And I've found this cosy little Western restaurant at a middle of a rather quite street.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joe-Pepper-Restaurant/170487723019468

I saw their Christmas menu on their FB & so I've decided to have my Christmas meal there. Although I'm alone, I still called and made my reservation for safety sake.

On Christmas Day, it was raining but as I walked into Joe & Pepper, I was greeted warmly & I felt happy.
I've made my choice from the Christmas menu set & the food was served very quickly.
Starter.. Cream of Garbanzo soup (Chick pea)

The soup was very creamy and has a light taste of fresh chick pea, and the bread stick was made of parsley and pepper... Simple yet awesome with the fragrance of both~ Really appetizing!
Starter: Puff Pastry & Seaweed Chicken Salad
This puff is crispy on the outside, and juicy in the inside (tender chicken meat)..
The initial menu was the CHOICE of EITHER Garbanzo soup OR puff pastry, but due to the Christmas spirit, the owner decided to include BOTH in the set~ Superb!

Entrees: Pan Grilled Australian Rib Eye Steak
The main course was a choice between Pan Roasted Norwegian Salmon Fillet and this pan grilled rib eye steak. And I chose steak. As you can see, there's a thin slice of beef bacon on top of the steak, to increase the taste of the steak.
I ate them separately, and then together. Both taste juicy & delicious!

This is the side dish potato. Instead of the normal mashed potato, Joe & Pepper sliced it into thin slices of potato, and layered it with butter, like lasagna... It's really tasty with the fresh potato taste and unsalted butter & pepper... *I personally preferred salted butter in this case*

Dessert: French Opera Cake
Last but not least, the dessert! By the end of the main course, frankly I'm full. But yet again the chocolate-y piece of cake just managed to make its room in my stomach.. :P

Guess what? The best part of this satisfying meal is... It only cost me RM45~!! Woot!
So if you're in Kota Bharu & feel like having some nice Italian/Spanish meal, you could give Joe & Pepper a try.

No comments: